Tuesday, September 13, 2011

tran·si·tion

tran·si·tion
[tran-zish-uhn, -sish-] Show IPA
noun
movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change: the transition from adolescence to adulthood.
verb (used without object)  
to make a transition: He had difficulty transitioning from enlisted man to officer.
Why is transition so difficult??
For Sooo many reasons!
It's finally the "Off Season" - Baseball is Over!!
So what is so difficult about this transition?  J will finally be home... all the time; So, I hope I love it as much as I did last off season!
  • My Best Friend
  • Date Nights
  • Attention
  • Cuddling
  • Messy House
  • Messy House
  • Messy House
Ha- Okay, okay I can deal with a messy place- He's worth it. ;) But it is going to take some getting used to having him around again.  I become so independent during baseball season - So it's important that I remember what it is like to share my life again.
J also has a big transition.  He's used to sleeping in until 2pm and going to the field for batting practice before his 7pm game.  The "Off Season" means J has to find a "real job" - with "real work hours."  Trust me - this is not an easy transition for him.  Needless to say, he will have to get used to living with a girl again, and after living on the road with a bunch of guys - this may not be easy either.
My sister B has the opposite transition - It's the Hockey "In Season"... Until April.  She's learning to deal without M - which isn't easy.  Luckily for B, she has a support team to keep her busy!  Plus, she's looking for her first job out of college!  Lot's of change in that lady's life.  It's time to focus on B, which will be good for her. 

I think through all of the transitions, it's important to think about what's best for you.  Are you happy - and is your boy worth the continuous  change in your life?  In a world that is all about him, it's important to put yourself first too - because without us... their lives wouldn't be half as fun.

Pretty Pink Vintage Collage

1 comment:

  1. YAY happy off season! my boyfriend plays minor league for the phillies, i know this feeling aaaaaaaaaall too well!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete