Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back with popular demand - NO PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AS BOYFRIENDS MOVING FORWARD!

I apologize about the delay in posts... It's been a busy "Off Season"!

The Transition from "In-Season" to "Off-Season" started off with a BANG.  On October 6th, 2011 - I made the transition from Minor League Baseball Girlfriend - to Minor League Baseball Fiance!!  J proposed on our annual vacation to Lutsen!  The best part - he got it on Film!  It was such a special moment.  The two of us have been through so much together throughout the past 5 years it was great to know that above everything else - including baseball, that I am his #1.


We decided to get married Fall of 2012 - so that the weather would still be decent, and it wouldn't interfere with Baseball Season.  Besides wedding planning, we purchased a house & bought a dog! Eeeeeeee!  I can't imagine a more exciting year!

Since baseball season - J has been coaching baseball.  It makes for odd hours (compared to my 9-5 job), but I am thankful he is getting to continue to do what he loves (and make some extra $$$).   He also found out he will be re-signed by the St. Paul Saints which is such a blessing!  He will get to stay home for another summer! 

J and I know we are so lucky to be able to work through this crazy lifestyle together.  It can be so difficult and so lonely (for both of us) - and we are fortunate to be able to continue to stay strong through it all.  Unfortunately, my sister B & her boyfriend M (hockey player) didn't have the same luck.  My family made a new pact - NO PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AS BOYFRIENDS MOVING FORWARD!  Ha!  Fortunately for J - he had already proposed before the rule was created!  :)


Keep in Touch!  Season Home Opener - May 17th

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a minor league affiliate in MN!!! What parent team/organization is the Saints part of? You are so lucky he is in the same state as you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! My boyfriend is in the minors too, so I hear ya! It's tough! Hope you fiance is having a great season so far :)

    http://suzelssays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, me again :) Just wanted to say PROPS to your fiance for getting the special moment on camera! Every girl's dream :) I nag, err I mean hint, that I want mine to be on camera all of the time!

    ReplyDelete