Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Highs & Lows... Ups & Downs...
As everyone who reads my blog knows, I am pretty candid and probably far too honest- I tell you what I think.  This year has been full of highs & lows...
Highs:
- October: Engaged!
- February: Purchased a house
- April: Picked up our puppy Stella
- April: Baseball began
- April: Started off the season strong and hit a home run
- May: My sister B moved in with us!  Yay for a summer roommate!
- June: Talked with Coach about baseball opportunities
Lows:
- April: Baseball began
- May/June: Got in a slump - and is now riding pine
- June: Talked with Coach about trade opportunities
Why is it that Spring/Summer are full of highs & lows that all revolve around BASEBALL?  I absolutely love baseball, and LOVE that J has the opportunity to play, but sometimes I wonder how we can possibly deal with the highs and lows for much longer.  I miss him when he's on the road, and I know he misses me too!  I get the whole team bonding and all, but how long can you stand to be on a bus with a bunch of guys?  Also, it seems like with baseball, nothing is ever good enough.  J could go 3 for 4 with a home run and a double, and coach would still be disappointed because he had an error in the field.  Or vice versa, he could go 1-5 but make some great plays in the field... J would be upset about his hitting.  Do you ever find yourself at a loss of words?  I never know what to say when J is upset.  This is his dream - and he puts so much pressure on himself.  I wish he understood how proud his family and friends are of him.  He's living his dream - and not many people can say that.
On the other hand, I'm at home keeping everything up, and also working a full time job.  This past week, our lawnmower broke... so what did I do?  I invited my girlfriends over to try to help me put together the brand new one I picked out.  Well, to every ones surprise, we weren't able to get it going... this is something J would have had going in 10 minutes.  Besides keeping the lawn up, keeping a house clean & a puppy alive (and entertained) is hard work.  It's exhausting!!  By the time J got home from his 2 week road trip, I needed a vacation!


I am so thankful for baseball girlfriends/fiance's/wives!  What would we do without the love and support we have for each other.  Our lives aren't easy... so I encourage you to reach out and befriend other ladies and build a support team.   Thanks for your continued support!  oxox!

No comments:

Post a Comment